One Spark is a five-day event for creators. From April 17 – 21, 2013, artists, entrepreneurs, and innovators will display projects in a 1.5 mile radius, multi-venue gallery in downtown Jacksonville. One Spark is a belief that game-changers emerge from dorm rooms, garages, and small studios. It’s the community behind great ideas. It’s a chance for people to submit and decide on the next big thing. It’s the opportunity to get involved, be inspired, connect and collaborate.
- Open to All: Anyone can be a creator; One Spark venues will be made up of nearly anywhere and everywhere in the urban core.
- Grassroots & Independent: One Spark is built on the premise that the next great creation will likely come from a garage, small studio, or dorm room. Creators will pair up with venues, independently, on the One Spark website. The One Spark organization does not select any of the creators or venues that make up the event.
- Empowered Public: The $250,000 One Spark fund will be distributed based on public vote; the public can also contribute directly to the entrant in any amount.
- 5 Packed Days: During the actual event, there will be creator showcases, speakers, culinary experiences, music, and what One Spark likes to call “spectacles.”
One Spark can be a “game changer” for Jacksonville. One Spark can be a “game changer” for you. Take advantage of this unique opportunity to experience the buzz of a community of entrepreneurial creators.
Immerse yourself in One Spark.
- Overachievers, how do they do it?
- I need a password, seriously