Have you ever watched Dirty Jobs on the Discovery Channel? If you haven’t, you’ve missed out. This is a great guy’s show (and it’s on the Discovery Channel). It is (usually) a show that is good for the entire family to watch and is very educational. Each episode centers on Mike Rowe. Mike is a guy who hangs out with people who have really dirty jobs and helps them do their job for a day.
Mike does stuff for a day that you really don’t want to be a part of. Over the years he has accumulated a list of “Seven Dirty Habits” from his experiences with people that do, “dirty jobs” everyday.
Here is his list:
1. Never follow your passion, but by all means bring it with you.
2. Beware of teamwork.
3. Vomit proudly and whenever necessary.
4. Be careful, but don’t be fooled – safety is never first.
5. Think about what you are doing – never how.
6. Ignore advice such as “Work smart, not hard.” It’s dangerous – and moronic.
7. Consider quitting.
If you think you’re in a bad job, don’t despair, watch “Dirty Jobs” and you’ll be thankful for what you do, and that there are people who do dirty jobs for us.
- Historic Grand Opening. Tomorrow.
- Twitter Everyone?!