Parents of successful kids have these thirteen things in common:
- They make their kids do chores.
- They teach their kids social skills.
- They have high expectations.
- They have healthy relationships with their spouse.
- They have attained higher educational levels.
- They teach their kids math early on.
- They develop a relationship with their kids.
- They are less stressed.
- They value effort over avoiding failure.
- The Mom works.
- They have a higher socioeconomic status.
- They are “authoritative”, rather than “authoritarian” or “permissive”. (Permissive – parent tries to be non-punitive and accepting of child, authoritarian – parent tries to shape and control the child based on a set standard of conduct, authoritative – parent tries to direct child rationally).
- They teach grit (grit is the tendency to sustain interest in and effort towards very long-term goals).
- boys of summer
- best t-shirts of the week