Some of these have been around for a while, but I guess they weren’t legit.
So look out “scrabble” here they come:
The Oxford English Dictionary Is Adding:
1. Fuhgeddaboudit – Like how Tony Soprano would say “forget about it.”
2. ‘Merica – Meaning America without the “A” at the beginning.
3. Bracketology – Which you hear a lot during March Madness.
4. Clickbait and clicktivism – When you support a cause online, but don’t actually go out and DO any
5. Moobs – Short for ‘man boobs.’
6. Non-apology – When you act like you’re apologizing, but don’t actually say you’re sorry.
7. Swirlie. When you dunk someone’s head in a toilet and flush it. Which seems like it could have been added 50 years ago.
8. YOLO – Which stands for “you only live once.”
9. Squee – It’s Internet slang for when something’s cute. They traced it back to an online discussion about Ewoks from 1998.
10. Kegerator – A refrigerator with a tap on the front, and a keg of beer inside. This one took WAY too long!
- ravens fly into town
- best t-shirts of the week